Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cross Stitch Plate Tutorial


I am in the process of turning Lady's room into a big girl room.  I have been trying to think of ways to include her name in the "vintage garden" decor.  This is what I came up with and I thought I would share it with you.






What you need...
*Plate
*Tape
*Scissors
*Marker


First you will need to download a cross stitch font.  You can find all kinds of free fonts online.
Then you will need to trace the font onto paper with a pen then tape the letter/word to your plate.





Next you will need to trace over your letter with your marker.  Make sure to do this many times because you want the marker to bleed the image onto the plate.



Now lift your image off your plate and retrace the image.  Now your done.  I used a permanent marker ,but you can also use a pen for ceramics.  The ceramic pen will come with instructions so the pen can be plate can be washed.

This would make a great birthday gift maybe even a baby shower gift or just because.


*Side note*  Don't worry if the image is not perfect I think it adds a bit of homemade charm

No comments:

Post a Comment